How can IT help build resilience in the new world of work?
29 June 2022
TechFire explores the role of technology in creating and maintaining employee resilience.
The increased pace of digital transformation caused by the Covid-19 pandemic has forced companies to embrace the new world of work to the extent that having the option to work remotely is a deal breaker for job applicants and a decisive factor for employees considering their career options. Organisations are recognising the impact wellbeing can have on health as well as workplace performance and productivity.
As they do so, many employers are coming to understand the importance of addressing employees’ mental health alongside other aspects of wellbeing. Working in an environment that provides security, motivation, and belonging makes employees more able to manage stress and retain motivation - they become more resilient. However, resilience can be threatened if employees lack the correct tools and supports to help them fulfill their potential.
So, how can IT departments build resilience in this new world of work?
This burning question was explored at our TechFire briefing in association with AON on 29 June.
Keep up to date on future TechFire events
- Quarter of employees felling held back by underskilled colleagues
- AI still not ready to drive your car safely
- Is Europe missing out on a technological revolution?
- Lero’s Prof Mark Campbell and Apple’s latest car crash
- Apple finally puts brakes on Project Titan self-driving car
- Almost half of organisations already using generative AI – report
- Qualcom adds 25 jobs across Ireland, UK
- Crypto is coining it again
- Bitcoin trades at $61k a coin
- The art of innovation: InnovationOS