How can IT help build resilience in the new world of work?
29 June 2022
TechFire explores the role of technology in creating and maintaining employee resilience.
The increased pace of digital transformation caused by the Covid-19 pandemic has forced companies to embrace the new world of work to the extent that having the option to work remotely is a deal breaker for job applicants and a decisive factor for employees considering their career options. Organisations are recognising the impact wellbeing can have on health as well as workplace performance and productivity.
As they do so, many employers are coming to understand the importance of addressing employees’ mental health alongside other aspects of wellbeing. Working in an environment that provides security, motivation, and belonging makes employees more able to manage stress and retain motivation - they become more resilient. However, resilience can be threatened if employees lack the correct tools and supports to help them fulfill their potential.
So, how can IT departments build resilience in this new world of work?
This burning question was explored at our TechFire briefing in association with AON on 29 June.
Keep up to date on future TechFire events
- Shemas Eivers appointed as chairman of Sidero
- Netherlands urges citizens to prepare survival kits in case hackers target critical infrastructure
- Insight researchers lead development of European data marketplace
- National Broadband Ireland gets seventh ISO certification in two years
- Spanish spyware outfit uncovered, develops exploits for Windows, Chrome, and Firefox
- KTI announces winners of Impact Awards
- The TechRadio Toy Show 2022
- Meta fine includes a meta lesson for every business
- Renewable energy developer opens new offices in Cork
- Google most desirable place to work in tech for female coders – survey