How can IT help build resilience in the new world of work?
29 June 2022
TechFire explores the role of technology in creating and maintaining employee resilience.
The increased pace of digital transformation caused by the Covid-19 pandemic has forced companies to embrace the new world of work to the extent that having the option to work remotely is a deal breaker for job applicants and a decisive factor for employees considering their career options. Organisations are recognising the impact wellbeing can have on health as well as workplace performance and productivity.
As they do so, many employers are coming to understand the importance of addressing employees’ mental health alongside other aspects of wellbeing. Working in an environment that provides security, motivation, and belonging makes employees more able to manage stress and retain motivation - they become more resilient. However, resilience can be threatened if employees lack the correct tools and supports to help them fulfill their potential.
So, how can IT departments build resilience in this new world of work?
This burning question was explored at our TechFire briefing in association with AON on 29 June.
Keep up to date on future TechFire events
- Nostra plans 35 jobs for cyber security centre of excellence in Ballybrit
- Over-reliance on ChatGPT could harm worker performance
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise to add 150 jobs at global centre of excellence in Galway
- EXL expands establishes international business headquarters in Dublin
- Operational resilience: Changing practices and familiar themes as DORA looms
- AWS teases AI features on the horizon, as Amazon Bedrock becomes generally available
- Kwayga.com closes €1m funding round
- Managed services revenues tipped to exceed $472bn this year
- European Commission says plain old telephone service is plain out of date
- Facebook’s latest attempt to make VR happen and Space Week previewed