Continuity and disaster recovery
3 October 2019
Burning Question: Do you know what you will do in the face of disaster?
A conjunction of circumstances, any one of which may seem inconsequential on its own, conspires to turn a bad day into a catastrophe.
Technology is one element of an organisation’s response, but people and process are equally important.
How would you, and your key people, react in a disaster situation?
TechFire, in association with Sungard AS, presented an interactive scenario where delegates got to test your mettle in the heat of an unfolding situation. With advice from real world examples the experts guided delegates through a bad day, so that they would know what to do should one occur for their organisation in the future.
With a detailed customer experience from Frank Moran, this interactive session provided best practice in a safe but evocative environment.
Keep up to date on future TechFire events
- Shemas Eivers appointed as chairman of Sidero
- Netherlands urges citizens to prepare survival kits in case hackers target critical infrastructure
- Insight researchers lead development of European data marketplace
- National Broadband Ireland gets seventh ISO certification in two years
- Spanish spyware outfit uncovered, develops exploits for Windows, Chrome, and Firefox
- KTI announces winners of Impact Awards
- The TechRadio Toy Show 2022
- Meta fine includes a meta lesson for every business
- Renewable energy developer opens new offices in Cork
- Google most desirable place to work in tech for female coders – survey