Continuity and disaster recovery
3 October 2019
Burning Question: Do you know what you will do in the face of disaster?
A conjunction of circumstances, any one of which may seem inconsequential on its own, conspires to turn a bad day into a catastrophe.
Technology is one element of an organisation’s response, but people and process are equally important.
How would you, and your key people, react in a disaster situation?
TechFire, in association with Sungard AS, presented an interactive scenario where delegates got to test your mettle in the heat of an unfolding situation. With advice from real world examples the experts guided delegates through a bad day, so that they would know what to do should one occur for their organisation in the future.
With a detailed customer experience from Frank Moran, this interactive session provided best practice in a safe but evocative environment.
Keep up to date on future TechFire events
- Nostra plans 35 jobs for cyber security centre of excellence in Ballybrit
- Over-reliance on ChatGPT could harm worker performance
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise to add 150 jobs at global centre of excellence in Galway
- EXL expands establishes international business headquarters in Dublin
- Operational resilience: Changing practices and familiar themes as DORA looms
- AWS teases AI features on the horizon, as Amazon Bedrock becomes generally available
- Kwayga.com closes €1m funding round
- Managed services revenues tipped to exceed $472bn this year
- European Commission says plain old telephone service is plain out of date
- Facebook’s latest attempt to make VR happen and Space Week previewed