Should IT pros be released to work remotely
17 June 2020
The recent TechBeat Survey of IT professionals, as to their experiences of working from home during the Covid-19 pandemic, highlights a number of missed opportunities.
TechFire will examine the issue of IT professionals working remotely, asking why more organisations aren’t accommodating what could be a key facility to improve the wellbeing, and arguably the productivity, of IT professionals in Ireland.
Almost two thirds (63%) of Irish IT professionals admitted to working from home for less than a day a week on average.
When this is combined with almost three quarters (73%) who said that their productivity had improved or remained the same while working from home, and the picture that emerges is one of a major missed opportunity.
With so many organisations across Ireland suffering shortages of skilled and experienced IT professionals, are organisations missing an opportunity to attract and retain staff by keeping them office bound?
- Introduction & background from Niall Kitson, Editor, TechCentral.ie
- Hear from James Hughes, VP of Sales Engineering at Rubrik where he will outline the cloud computing landscape and share his insights on cloud, including his own cloud journeys at organisations such as Schroders, PIMCO and Investec.
- Customer experience interview with Stephen Byrne, Head of Global Operations, Stryker.
- Patrick Merrigan from Rubrik joined the show to talk about the tools and share advice on how best to deliver the seamless cloud migration experience.
- Q and A: Stephen, James and Patrick join the panel discussion and answer viewer questions
All speakers will join the panel discussion to discuss best practice and then fully explore the issues of work-life balance for IT pros and what organisations need to do to take advantage of possibilities introduced. As the post-COVID-19 world will undoubtedly be different, will remote working become a key tool for organisations to ensure IT pros can achieve that elusive contributor to job satisfaction?
Keep up to date on future TechFire events
- Shemas Eivers appointed as chairman of Sidero
- Netherlands urges citizens to prepare survival kits in case hackers target critical infrastructure
- Insight researchers lead development of European data marketplace
- National Broadband Ireland gets seventh ISO certification in two years
- Spanish spyware outfit uncovered, develops exploits for Windows, Chrome, and Firefox
- KTI announces winners of Impact Awards
- The TechRadio Toy Show 2022
- Meta fine includes a meta lesson for every business
- Renewable energy developer opens new offices in Cork
- Google most desirable place to work in tech for female coders – survey