Secure Cloud Migration: Have you got the tools and the vision?
10 March 2021
In 2020 many companies were forced to accelerate their digital transformation efforts to keep up with the demands of remote working. As more data and applications move to the cloud for the first time or switch between vendors, 2021 will be seen as a year where simplicity and security become paramount.
From disaster recovery and testing to different models of cloud computing, any futureproof architecture will rely on best practice learned through experience and delivered by automated tools with a minimum of friction, regardless of scale.
James Hughes and Patrick Merrigan from Rubrik and Stephen Byrne from Stryker shared their expertise and experience of secure cloud migration.
- Introduction & background from Niall Kitson, Editor, TechCentral.ie
- Hear from James Hughes, VP of Sales Engineering at Rubrik where he will outline the cloud computing landscape and share his insights on cloud, including his own cloud journeys at organisations such as Schroders, PIMCO and Investec.
- Customer experience interview with Stephen Byrne, Head of Global Operations, Stryker.
- Patrick Merrigan from Rubrik joined the show to talk about the tools and share advice on how best to deliver the seamless cloud migration experience.
- Q and A: Stephen, James and Patrick join the panel discussion and answer viewer questions
The following blog posts from Rubrik make for good reading:
And you may finds some of the following links useful on your cloud journey:
Rubrik | Gartner Magic Quadrant – Simplify your vendor evaluation with the 2020 Magic Quadrant for Data Center Backup & Recovery Solutions – learn why Rubrik was named a LEADER and placed the furthest position for Completeness of Vision.
Rubrik Explore: Intro to Cloud Data Management | Rubrik – Explore how Rubrik Cloud Data Management (CDM) brings powerful automation to data protection.
Definitive Guide to Rubrik Cloud Data Management | Rubrik Multi-Cloud Data Control – Rubrik is the world’s first Cloud Data Management platform that delivers data protection, search, analytics, and copy data management to hybrid cloud enterprises.
Keep up to date on future TechFire events
- Shemas Eivers appointed as chairman of Sidero
- Netherlands urges citizens to prepare survival kits in case hackers target critical infrastructure
- Insight researchers lead development of European data marketplace
- National Broadband Ireland gets seventh ISO certification in two years
- Spanish spyware outfit uncovered, develops exploits for Windows, Chrome, and Firefox
- KTI announces winners of Impact Awards
- The TechRadio Toy Show 2022
- Meta fine includes a meta lesson for every business
- Renewable energy developer opens new offices in Cork
- Google most desirable place to work in tech for female coders – survey